Research Institute of Electrical Communication Tohoku University


Student Dormitories

Tohoku University has dormitories for housing international and Japanese students.

Please get detailed information on them through the following web page;


International House/University House.



You cannot apply for those dormitories directly.
Students should submit the application though the supervisor during the prescribed period.

Private Apartments

The Student Exchange Division provides following assistance for looking for your housing.

Que stions and Consulting for your rent

Housing Advisor, Student Exchange Division

Location: Kawauchi North Campus, Center for International Exchange

Phone: +81-22-795-7776


Apartment information

Tohoku University Co-operative Association (COOP) Real Estate Agency

Location: Welfare Facility of Tohoku University, Kawauchi North Campus

Phone: +81-22-795-1775

URL: (Japanese Only) (Japanese Only)

Business hours: Weekdays/10:30-17:30, Sat./11:00-14:00

Comprehensive Renters’ Insurance for Foreign Students Studying in Japan

This insurance is for foreign students who rent the private apartment.
please get details about this insurance from following web pages;

Tohoku University International Student Housing Support Program Association

This program is for foreign students who rent the private apartment. With this program Tohoku University will be joint guarantor of the apartment contract.

Please get more information through the following website;


Related Post

How to study at RIEC