- >> Research Center for 21st Century Information Technology（IT-21 Center）
Exploratory Research Division Wireless IoT Technology for Smart Factories
- [ Project Leader, Professor* ] Noriharu Suematsu
- [ Specially Appointed Professor* ] Takashi Shiba
- [ Research Fellow* ] Jean Temga
- [ Visiting Professor ] Suguru Kameda
Beyond 5G(B5G)/6G will offer us not only high speed/high throughput but also low latency (real-time)/massive connection wireless IoT communication. The factories equipped with B5G/6G (i.e. smart factories) is a key of manufacturing revolution which is called as “Industry 4.0.”
This division conducts exploratory research on establishing the following two technologies.
(a) measurement and analysis of smart factory’s real-time radio environment in which multiple IoT communication systems (such as local 5G, wireless-LAN, Bluetooth and WPT) coexist.
(b)next generation wireless system, transceiver hardware, signal processing technologies for next generation smart factory’s wireless IoT communication in 6G era.